Hint: Is the font too small? Press the Ctrl key and the + key at the same time to make it bigger!
We have some new tools on our website. This quick tutorial describes how to use them:
Before you can use the website, you must register, and I must approve it (to prevent spam and illegitimate users).
There are five steps:
- Go to the lower right of the web page, under the menu, and click Register.
- Provide a username and your email address, then click Register button.
- You will get an email from "[First Congregational Church]". Make sure this address is in your address book, or your email system might see it as spam or junk mail. The email you get will have your initial password.
- I will be notified that you registered, approve you, and you will be notified that you were approved.
- Go back to the web site, under the menu on the right, and click Log In. Provide your username and password and you will be in!
Adding a calendar entry
- Once you are logged in, click the "Calendar" button on the left.
- It will immediately open to the "Add an Entry" screen. Provide a date, time, entry, and optionally assign it to a "General", "Meeting", or "Worship" category.
- Save your entry, it will now be on the calendar.
- Only events in the next four days show up on the right hand menu, but if you click the church calendar link on the main website, you’ll see entries farther out in time.
Adding a post
- Once you’re logged in, click the "New Post" button on the upper panel.
- It will open an editor similar to Microsoft Word. Give your post a topic and type it up.
- When you’re finished, click the "Publish" button in the upper right. Your post is now online!
- To edit a post you’ve already made, click the "Posts" button on the upper left menu when you log in. There you can edit or delete your posts.